Ken Larson has owned and operated Champion Performance Systems since 1996, and is considered an expert in high-performance executive coaching, strategic thinking, execution planning, executive leadership & team development, and overall business growth.
He delivers high-impact keynote presentations on human high performance, leading, living, and inspiration.
Ken’s personal mission is to inspire the Champion in all of us through sharing his energy, experience, and enthusiasm. His purpose, or Ikigai, is… “To Ignite”.
Before founding Champion Performance Systems, he was the Athletic Director for the top college athletic program in Canada (now Mount Royal University). He is a former member of the University of Victoria Vikings as part of their seven (7) National Championships in a row in the early 1980’s. He was also a member of the Canadian Men’s National Basketball Team (1981-84), playing for well known Coach Jack Donohue. Ken was the last cut for the 1984 Olympic Team. At the time, the Canadian Team was ranked 4th in the world – the highest Canada has ever been ranked.
According to Ken, it isn’t what Coach Donohue did to him, but what he did for him that has allowed him to coach over 300 (and counting) leaders in the last 25+ years, and what also laid the foundation for his most successful keynote, Inspirationship™.
Ken has delivered successful business coaching experiences to organizations with topline revenue ranging from millions to billions of dollars.
He has his own executive coach, personal trainer, and health coaches. This team has helped and inspired him to seek the very best of himself and others.
As a lifelong learner, Ken is always learning from his experiences, his colleagues, and his clients. His goal is to read a minimum of 50 books a year. He is currently working on one of his own. And he walks his talk and lives by a personal core value and overall philosophy toward life.
- High-performance executive coaching
- Strategic thinking & execution planning
- Leadership & Team development
- High impact keynote presentations on leading, living, productivity, inspiration, and life-work balance
- Being Curious
- Excavating Clarity
- Building Focus
- Facilitating Action
- Holding Accountable
- Chair, The Executive Committee, TEC Canada (Vistage)
- Certifed Facilitator, Franklin Covey Canada
- President, Basketball Alberta
- Vice President, Calgary Booster Club
- Founder, Calgary High School Basketball Classic
- Certified Executive Coach, Executive Coaching,
Royal Roads University
- Masters of Arts, Performance Psychology,
University of Alberta
- BSc, Human Performance, University of Victoria
- Certificate of Completion, Hoffman Institute
- Masters Level Bodybuilder at age 50 (International Drug-Free Athletics)
- Former Member of Team Canada Basketball (1981-1984)
- Member of University of Victoria Vikings (National Champions 1982 and 1984)